Flashback Foto Contest
We had dozens of great entries, so thanks to everyone who dusted off the old scrapbook and sent in a favourite pic from their student days. The contest is now closed.
Congratulations to Zach Taylor, BA '04, for winning the draw for two Canucks tickets courtesy of MBNA UVic MasterCard.
Alumni Week 2017 Flashback Foto Contest
1. Contest is sponsored by the University of Victoria (“UVic”) as represented by UVic Alumni Relations.
2. Contest is open to all individuals who are alumni of UVic including holders of degrees, diplomas and certificates and graduates of Victoria College and the Provincial Normal School.
3. Contest opens on February 6, 2017 at 12:01 a.m. PST and ends February 12, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. PST.
4. Entrants must submit a photograph that meets the requirements set out below to http://uvicflashbackfotocontest.hscampaigns.com/ to be entered into the contest.
5. Photo Requirements. To qualify for entry to this contest, your photo must:
- Relate to the Entrant’s UVic student days, show their pride in being UVic alumni or any other image that shows their passion for UVic;
- Be less than 10 Mb;
- Have been taken by you only, and be your original work;
- not depict an existing work, for example a painting;
- not be in violation of any applicable law;
- not infringe anyone else’s (i) copyright or other intellectual property rights, (ii) privacy or personality rights or (iii) other rights;
- not be defamatory or trade libelous; and
- not depict or suggest any of the following:
- offensive language and/or symbols;
- illegal or inappropriate activity;
- information that could identify any individual;
- nudity and/or sexual behavior;
- advertisements or commercial messages;
- any identifiable trade-marks, brands or logos; or
- any other content that UVic determines in its sole discretion to be objectionable and/or inappropriate.
6. All persons appearing in a photo submission must have given their permission for the photo submission to be entered into the contest. Failure of each photo participant to grant permission for the photo submission to be entered into the contest will render the photo submission ineligible for consideration.
7. You grant UVic a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, transferable, perpetual licence to use, copy, adapt, communicate, distribute, publicly display and create compilations and derivative works from any photo you submit as an entry to this contest (including any caption you have posted with your photo); and use your name, city or town of residence, and/or any statements made by you in connection with your entry. You irrevocably waive all moral rights to your photo in favour of UVic.
8. You represent and warrant that you have the right to grant the licence set out in section 7 above.
9. The licence you grant in section 7 permits UVic to (a) cut, reformate, rearrange and/or combine your photo with other materials and/or to otherwise modify your photo; (b) use your photo or a modified version of your photo in UVic promotional materials; and/or (c) share your photo or any version or portion of your photo as edited by UVic, on its website or on any social media website.
10. There is a limit of one entry per eligible entrant.
11. Prizes. There will be one (1) daily prize chosen in random draw from February 6 to February 12. The daily prize will be a UVic Alumni Sweatshirt, t-shirts, other UVic promotional items with an approximate value of $30.
On February 13 at 12:00 PM PST one (1) Grand Prize winner will be chosen in a random draw for a pair of tickets to a Vancouver Canucks game courtesy of MBNA UVic MasterCard (approximate value $250).
12. The daily prize draw will take place daily at 4:00.
13. The selected entrants will be contacted by email using the contact information provided on their entry. If the selected Entrant cannot be contacted within 5 days following the first attempt at contact, or if the selected Entrant declines the prize, another random draw will occur and the prize will be awarded to another Entrant.
14. The selected Entrant must correctly answer a time-limited, skill-testing mathematical question to be awarded the prize.
15. Entrants agree their name may be announced on UVic’s website and other associated media sites if they are selected as the winner of the draw.
16. Prizes are non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded. Prizes are not convertible to cash.
17. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
18. Personal Information. UVic will use personal information collected from entrants to administer the contest. UVic will not share personal information relating to entrants with any third parties, except as may be required by law. UVic will not attempt to contact any entrants for any other purpose than as set out in these terms and conditions unless the entrant has consented to receive relevant communications from UVic or as otherwise allowed under applicable laws.
19. UVic reserves the right to amend these contest rules or to terminate the contest at any time without any liability to any entrant.
20. UVic assumes no liability for any loss, damage or injury, including but not limited to lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late, destroyed, ineligible or incomplete entries.
21. The decisions of UVic in relation to this contest will be final and binding on all Entrants.
22. By entering this contest, you declare that you have complied with all of these Rules and met all eligibility requirements.
23. Your participation in this contest is solely at your own risk. You are solely responsible for all cost you incur to take any photo and to enter this contest.